The Black Diamond Distance FLZ Trekking Poles are much loved by trail runners and travellers for their light weight and compact size.
Trekking poles are a win for hiking, trail running (especially long distance) and adventure racing.
- Trekking poles reduce strain on knees, especially on steep downhills.
- They improve your power on uphills and, when used in a Nordic Walking manner, can improve your walking speed.
- They also help with balance on uneven terrain, providing a third leg for stability, which can also act as a pivot when stepping and jumping from rock to rock.
- Trekking poles are a blessing when crossing streams, to catch slips, test water depth and secure your balance and footing.
- In camp, they can be used as supports to create a shelter using a tarp (like the Radbag Zip). Some super lightweight tents require the use of trekking poles for setup.
The pole has three sections that fold up and a FlickLock mechanisms for quick and easy adjustment of length. Collapsed, they can be packed into luggage or stowed on your backpack.
The advantage of the Distance FLZ Z-Pole over the Trail Explorer 3, which we also stock, is in its lighter weight and the much more compact, packed size.
- Sold as a pair of trekking poles
- Three-section foldable aluminum shaft
- FlickLock® adjustability for length
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Low profile trekking baskets
- Comfortable nylon strap
- Quick-drying grips
- Usable length: 110-125cm and 125-140cm
- Collapsed length: 110-125cm: 37cm and 125-140cm: 41cm
- Weight per pair: 110-125cm: 420g and 125-140cm: 450g