Keep your head above water with a trusted selected of SAMSA & ISO-rated Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) / life jackets.
Wearing a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) for all water activities - like kayaking, surfski, SUP, boating, tubing, wading, fishing, and exploring waterways - is unrelated to whether you are a good swimmer of not. It is worn because it can save your life. Children should wear PFDs when playing in or near water.
PFDs have additional benefits:
- PFDs are comfortable, do not limit mobility and they are made to be worn all the time while active.
- Pouches on the front and back have space for hydration, snacks, binos and cameras.
- Provides some insulation against cold and wind and slows heat loss if you end up in the water.
- Wear while clambering on rocks next to rivers to protect your ribs if you slip.
- Bright colours are visible. PFDs have reflective patches too.