The Black Diamond Trail Explorer 3 trekking poles are well priced, hard working trekking poles for any walking adventure.
Trekking poles are a win for hiking, trail running (especially long distance) and adventure racing.
- Trekking poles reduce strain on knees, especially on steep downhills.
- They improve your power on uphills and, when used in a Nordic Walking manner, can improve your walking speed.
- They also help with balance on uneven terrain, providing a third leg for stability, which can also act as a pivot when stepping and jumping from rock to rock.
- Trekking poles are a blessing when crossing streams, to catch slips, test water depth and secure your balance and footing.
- In camp, they can be used as supports to create a shelter using a tarp (like the Radbag Zip). Some super lightweight tents require the use of trekking poles for setup.
The pole has three sections with dual FlickLock mechanisms for quick and easy adjustability. Collapsed, they can be packed into luggage or stowed on your backpack.
- Sold as a pair of trekking poles
- Three-section aluminum shaft
- Dual FlickLock® adjustability
- Low profile trekking baskets
- Comfortable webbing strap
- Useable length: 58.5 - 130 cm
- Collapsed length: 58.5 cm
Weight per pair: 531g