RADBAG is a compact and lightweight bivy (bivouac) bag originally developed for adventure racing but equally at home in the the hiking and fast-packing environments.
Unlike foil-based survival bags and space blankets, RADBAG is reusable and it doesn't make that crinkly sound every time you move. RADBAG is durable too and it won’t rip even when you clumsily climb into it with your shoes on.
RADBAG is not a sleeping bag - it is a lightweight, water- and wind-resistant shelter in the form of a bag that you climb into. Where you wouldn't want to put your sleeping bag down on damp or muddy ground, the RADBAG is made for just this.
If the temperature is warm, you can sleep straight inside the RADBAG - maybe with a thin liner. If it is really cold or you will be sleeping out for the whole night, then you would climb into your sleeping bag and then into the RADBAG.
RADBAG keeps your sleeping bag clean and keeps out dew and windchill.
RADBAG comes with its own stuff bag, which is sewn to the bivy to prevent misplacing the stuff bag. This also makes packing away faster. With the drawcord closure at the top, you can pull it tight over your head leaving a breathing opening.
RADBAG Race is specifically designed to be used in competitive environments.
- Use it without a sleeping bag in warm conditions, for short sleeps and emergencies.
- Use it to protect your lightweight sleeping bag from dirt and dust and to offer a little more warmth.
- Be able to sleep out knowing that you're sheltered from wind and dew.
- In case something happens to you or someone else, you'll be able to sleep out with your RADBAG.
RADBAG is the official bivy of the 2023 Adventure Racing World Championships.
RADBAG Race (white colour)
- Weight: approx. 169g
- Dimensions: 220cm x 72cm
- Ultra-light, more breathable than the Original.
- The ultimate choice of bivy bag for adventure racing and races like Munga, Freedom Challenge, Drakensberg Grand Traverse and self-sufficient ultras. Also ideal for ultra-distance trail running for emergency situations or when you need a short sleep.
- Quiet bivy bag - doesn't rustle like foil bags.
(RADBAG Original and RADBAG Zip are the models more suited to hiking.)