At 122 dB, this Hurricane Whistle is one of the loudest available. It is recommended as an essential item for all outdoor activities and is often on the mandatory / compulsory gear list for events.
This whistle has a tough, lightweight, plastic body with neck lanyard and a clip at the back to attach it to your jacket or backpack. Always keep your whistle in an accessible location, like on the shoulder of your backpack or in a shoulder pouch of your pack.
This loud whistle should only be blown to attract attention in emergency situations*. This whistle can be used in extreme weather. When blown in wet conditions, the chamber design ejects water and creates a unique tri-tone sound that can be heard in all directions and further away than other whistles.
The international distress signal is 6 blasts of the whistle followed by a one-minute pause and then another 6 blasts. An answering response is 3 blasts, and then a pause of one minute, repeated a few times. Continue to signal until you have been located.
* Never, ever blow your whistle unless you really need to attract attention for assistance. Random whistle blowing is 'cry wolf' and could lead you to not be assisted when you actually really do need help.
- Tri-tone sound (122dB loudness)
- Performs in all weather conditions, even when wet.
- Plastic body
- Neck lanyard and clip-on design
- Floats on water
- Weight: 15g
- Dimensions: 13 x 63 x 23mm