What do you get when you combine orienteering-style leg protection and AR Mini Gaiters? AR Adventure Gaiters! These are perfect for orienteering, rogaining and adventure racing when you’re off trails and tracks and have to bash through vegetation. Say bye-bye to scratched legs.
Adventure racing teams are welcome to contact us directly regarding a specific colour or pattern trim for their team.
Leadtime of 3-7 working days on all AR Adventure Gaiters.
- Pull-on gaiters
- Foam padding on your shin; three panels for better fit and comfort.
- Hard-wearing abrasion- and water-resistant fabric on the front.
- Black lycra around your calf
- Black or patterned top band.
- Elasticised top for comfort.
- Velcro ‘tighten tab’ at the top.
- Built-in AR Mini Gaiter to keep trail debris out of your shoes.
- Measure the length of your shin from your ankle to the knobbly bit of bone at the top of your shin, under your knee.
- Small: 28 – 30cm
- Medium: 31 – 33cm
- Large: 34-36cm
- X-Large: >37cm
If you’re in between sizes, go for the smaller size. The AR Mini Gaiter, which is attached, accommodates for the difference.
PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR SIZE by email (email@example.com)
Have you got skinny legs? Please send us your circumference measurements for your ankle, widest part of your calf and below your knee and we’ll customise the fit for you.
Yes! We do make AR Adventure Gaiters for children. We need circumference measurements for the ankle, widest part of the calf and below the knee. Please contact us directly about these.
- Slip the gaiter over your foot and pull up to below your knee. The one with the badge goes on your left leg.
- Then, put on your socks and shoes and do up your laces.
- Clip the hook of the AR Mini Gaiter section on your bottom-most lace to get maximum coverage from the gaiter over the top of your shoe and to create tension on the gaiter to keep it in place.
- Pull the back of the gaiter over your shoe.
- The elastic in the bottom of the gaiter helps to create tension and to keep the gaiter on your shoe.
Adhesive Velcro tabs
- Included in your gaiter packet are adhesive Velcro tabs, which you can stick on the back of your shoe to keep the back of your AR Gaiters down. Some shoes come with their own Velcro tabs. This Velcro tab is not necessarily needed – it just depends on the tension of your gaiters and how smooth the rear of your shoe is. It is worth putting on regardless.
- The Velcro tabs have an adhesive backing. As with any adhesive, it works better on some materials than others. The heel area of shoes may be fabric (textured surface), or smooth and more plastic.
- The shoe surface must be new or clean, free of dust and mud and dry before sticking on the Velcro.
- You may need to trim the Velcro using a blade or scissors if there is a mixed-material patterned structure at the back of the shoe so that the tab is flush. Do any trimming before you remove the backing paper.
- Give it a good press and even clamp it on. Apply the tab at least 12-24hrs before use to allow the adhesive to stick properly.
- If the adhesive does not stick, bring out the heavy artillery. Contact adhesive, Bostik Shoe Repair Glue, epoxy-based glues and hot glue (glue gun) should work. Because the heel area is rigid with no flex or movement, glues that dry without flex are fine. Read the instructions on the glue regarding its suitability for the material of your shoe and also application instructions.
- Adhesive Velcro is readily available from hardware stores and fabric/haberdashery stores so if you have multiple shoes or you get new shoes, you can easily get more Velcro for these.